ABOUT A FATHER

Hello Father, Happy birthday.


You see, my father wasn't born in a rich family or an educated family. Both my grandparents are illiterate, you can't really expect much as they're just farmers in a very small village, have nothing but love for their children. Father is the third child from 9 family members, his elders brothers were just a high school graduate. My father is the first college graduate in his family and he changed everybody's life ever since.

Father is a fighter, I remember one night as we're watching TV in the living room when he started to tell amazing yet sad stories of his childhood. Father has been struggling with poverty and school since he was very young age, going to school wasn't easy for him, having only one uniform with no shoes is another difficult challenge for him. Every morning, he had to walk 2 km to reach school,with not enough money to buy proper lunch and sometimes, he leaves home with no breakfast.

Father is not only one person in his family who aware and value the importance of education, he dares to dream big, fight and make it happen.

He received his bachelor degree in early 1980s, by his 40's, he went around Australia, Europe countries. Now, in his late 50's, father enjoying his hard work, accompanies by his beautiful great wife and his 5 children.  Father is a big influence for people who work for him and for people who get to be around him.

I feel more than just proud, grateful to born in such loving family and surround by kind people. My father is the breath of hope for his family, a sample of a great role model, an inspiration for me and a living prove for people who believe in their best selves.

Happy birthday. I love you, I love you, I love you.

No comments: