HOPPIPOLA

I was first introduced to the music of Sigur Rós 4 years ago, their tracks are staying in my playlist amongst other ignored songs, and it took me a year to hear and start listening. I don't quite remember the stage I was in when I start drowning my self into their music. I remember listening to them and I feel my heart and veins blow by this strange and uplifting air, it puts images in my head. I feel like I'm laying in the silent beach with dark sky and its 100 meter space of constellation sparks hit my skin. makes you think of dreams that you wish or cannot have yet leave you great smile in the end. 

It's the music of your darkest hour and the music of your winning moment. I don't understand the lyric, I called them as the fairy talk. The good part of listening to Sigur Róss is that you don't have to understand the language to enjoy their music. I think its the magical part of other Icelandic music that brings you spirit of the lost soul.

Listening to Hoppipola is like experience the same feeling when I listen to M83 - Outro. It's an indelible music that's pretty and unpredictable, pretty and melodic, pretty and unnerving, pretty and inspiring. is like experiencing a reverse hangover. You might find the similar feeling yet different kind of compliment when you listen other musician such as Mogwai, Bon Iver, Mum, Mono and more..

Now, when I hear that about short film from the ongoing Valtari Mystery Film Experiment, a composition called "Leaning Toward Solace" by director Floria Sigismondi  and stared by Elle role as a distraught ballerina who has a complicated relationship with her father. It’s pretty strange, powerful, and beautiful with a strange twist ending.



There are different ambient for each track, discover, get high by listening to their music, close your eyes and see where it gets you. 




No comments: